Question:
home audio system that can handle my 4 JVC speakers rated for 830 watts total at 6 ohm?
Jeff K
2010-02-15 11:54:47 UTC
I have had no luck trying to find a receiver or stereo that can run my speakers. About 8 years ago I bought a JVC shelf stereo that had 2 speakers with built in subs and was rated for I believe 560 watts. Well that system became damaged, however I saved the speakers from it and when me and my girlfriend moved in soon thereafter she had another JVC almost the same as mine just less watts it was I think 480 watts. After about 6 years of no problems working fine running mine and her speakers on it, (we always had this system playing loudly for parties and such) we were having a party where someone broke the shelf and the stereo fell on the ground never to work again. We have tried many different systems to find that nothing so far is able to handle them and have. So now I am trying to find a receiver or amp or something that can run these 4 speakers they are rated at a total of 830 watts at 6 ohms what would be able to push them? Thank you for all the help!
Four answers:
2010-02-16 20:53:24 UTC
use two QSC RMX-1450 power amplifiers. They'll work alright.
Daniel K
2010-02-15 12:16:51 UTC
Jeff - The wattage rating of those shelf systems are often exagerated - in other words they do not put out the rated wattage. You need to read the fine print in the owners manual.

So, what I am saying is that pretty much any stereo receiver that puts out 100 watts per channel will work just fine. Most can handle 4 speakers with no problem. It may even sound better than the shelf system unit.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=stereo+receiver&x=12&y=17
mcgoon
2016-11-09 10:06:01 UTC
nicely now days... its #a million and #2 solutions.. Compromise..although i dont get something out of the act..i nonetheless have stand by utilising's interior the the drawer.. i never permit # 4 answer to come lower back into the equation. Been married too dang long for that.. extremely now i ought to care much less.. approximately #4..previous Catz had the dazzling answer.. lol i agree together with her..
The Eagle Keeper
2010-02-15 11:59:06 UTC
At this point a separate amp/pre-amp is needed. I would look at Adcom products. Expensive yes, but there are plenty of used items at http://cgi.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/srch_fs.pl?searchstring=adcom